Sli Nua Careers was founded in August 2010. Managing Director is Liam Horan. Sli Nua Careers provides the following services on a one-one-basis to clients:
- CV & cover letters
- Personal statements
- LinkedIn profiles
- Application forms
- CV critiques
- Interview training
- Mock interviews
- Presentation and public speaking skills training
Specialist group work, using some or all of above, is carried out in conjunction with:
- Government agencies
- Transition Year school groups
- Local area partnerships
- The Gaelic Players Association / Women’s Gaelic Players Association
The first office was established in Headford, Co. Galway. This moved to Ballinrobe in September 2011. During the 2021 COVID-19 lockdown, we closed our office in Ballinrobe and became a fully online* business with coaches based all around Ireland.
Clients are drawn from a wide range of sectors. Apart from the specialist group work we do, our client base tends to be age 22 onwards – typically, when someone finishes college. Our clients can generally be bracketed under the following categories:
- Employed – seeking similar work in their existing sector elsewhere in Ireland
- Employed – seeking similar work in their existing sector here or abroad
- Employed – seeking promotion in their existing job or in an another job
- Students – seeking places on courses here or abroad
- Unemployed – seeking work here or abroad
- People at a career crossroads – perhaps made redundant in recent job, or people whose business has run aground. Now looking around to see what might give them career satisfaction.
*While we have closed our physical offices to focus on online work, in certain cases we travel to client premises to carry out work. This is, of course, not an option during COVID-19 lockdowns.