Menu of topics for Coaching Session – Brendan Heneghan
1. Introduction – Coaching Process, Coaching Contract
~ GROW Model:
- G – Goal:
- What do you want?
- R– Reality:
- Where are you now?
- O – Options:
- Where you want to get to?
- W – Will:
- What will you do to get to where you want?
2. What do you want to get out of this process?
3. What kind of Career do you want?
~ The Why
- What do you want to do? What is your dream role?
- What do you really love doing? What makes you feel great?
- What are you particularly good at? Really strong profound answer which is the type of person most interview boards are looking for
- What other things in life are important to you?
- What stresses you?
- Which three people in you life have influenced you most and why? (Role models reflect the beliefs and values we have)
4. Career Plan Blueprint
- This one-page document is the most important document in the pack – when you have this filled you will have a very good idea of the career pathways you will follow.
- Career Drivers and the Richmond Survey will give a fuller picture of what is driving you when looking for a career
~ Transferable Skills
- What core skills do you use to achieve your best results?
- What do you excel at?
~ Where would you find work in your preferred role /roles – organisations?
- Your preferred location?
- What type of organisation would you be happy in?
- Other options.
~ Who will support me?
- Network of people you need to link with
5. Career Pathway – Pathways / Options to your preferred role
~ Where are you now?
- Your present reality / your platform to jump to the next stage
~ Where do you want to get to?
- Most people won’t know for definite what they would love to do, but you will find out at a time that is right for you
- Being comfortable with uncertainty
~ How will you get there?
- Building your CV and your personal brand
- Your work experiences,
- Further learning and development
- Developing yourself
- Building confidence
6. Write down your Strategic Plan
~ “The most important part of the longest journey is the first step…
- The importance of goal-setting
- Start getting into the habit of writing your most positive thoughts down on paper
- Review your plan regularly – your plans will change as you continue on your journey
7. Review of the Coaching Session
- What did you experience?
- What personal meaning do you give to this?
- Further insights / discoveries
- Rate the coaching session – scale 1 -10
- Where could we improve our conversation?
- Would you benefit from a follow up session in a few weeks?
8. What will you do next?
- Where from here?
- What are the key things you will do? who are the key people you need to talk to next?
|Action you will take / People you need to talk to||When|
|1. Review this Coaching Session|