Could you be a Career Coach for teachers?
Do you feel you could work with teachers in the following areas:
- Writing and editing application forms, CVs, cover letters and personal statements.
- Conducting interview training.
- Carrying out mock interviews.
- Offering general advice and mentoring.
If so, we would like to hear from you. The ideal candidate will be:
- A current or retired school principal or deputy principal (primary or secondary) or with commensurate experience in an academic / teacher training role.
- An accomplished and confident written and verbal communicator.
- Genuinely interested in helping others to put their best foot forward – you will be working with clients ranging from newly qualified teachers to those seeking principal positions.
- Based in Dublin city, Leinster or the north or south midlands.
This is an assignment-based, self-employed role.
If you’re still interested, and you find yourself answering ‘yes’ to some or all of these questions, then please contact us:
1. Are you a good writer – good speller, able to effectively summarise information, good on detail?
2. Would you enjoy working one-on-one with clients?
3. Have you the self-confidence to work with people preparing for forthcoming job interviews? This involves leading people to a point where they give better, more rounded answers to questions.
4. Have you good IT skills and a curiosity about new forms of IT?
5. Do you have an appropriate working space where you can meet clients? This could be in your home or existing office.
6. Are you interested in areas of mentoring, job searching and helping people to improve their situations?
Email Liam Horan (firstname.lastname@example.org) with your CV and/or a brief cover letter outlining why you think you could suit a role like this. Or call Liam on 087 9185 867 for an exploratory discussion first.
We have built an excellent system of operation since 2011. Excellent training provided. Qualifications / training in career coaching/guidance, life coaching, HR or related fields would be an advantage, but not at all essential.