These are actual questions asked of our clients in job interviews
- Regarding your school-based experience, what would your students say about you?
- How would you motivate disinterested students?
- How would you manage discipline, including low misdemeanor incidents?
Leading Learning and Teaching
- Qualifications/leadership experience how might they prepare you to become Deputy Principal?
- Give examples of how you would lead and assist in collaborative planning and review of curriculum and school policies if you were DP
- Promote inclusion, equality of opportunity and the holistic development of all pupils
- Whole school planning for a subject area and how you would ensure the implementation of the curricular plan in classes throughout last the school – Describe the process
Managing the Organisation
- Challenging situations with a colleague: equality and fairness
- DP in a large DEIS school is to help maintain discipline and promote good behavior across the school. How could you as DP carry out this role?
- How would you support the Principal in dealing with a teacher who was unhappy/reluctant to teach a certain class level?
- Objectives for improving the management of a school and how can you contribute/help with these?
- Relationship with Principal – key to managing a successful school – what are the components?
Leading School Development
- How can the leadership team in our school use the School Self Evaluation process effectively to manage the school’s response to changing needs?
- This is a large DEIS school. Key targets that should be part of the schools DEIS planning that would help overcome the difficulties and challenges a DEIS 1 urban school like this would face?
- How would you manage staff who were reluctant to engage in an area that you were leading as part of school development? deal with it?
Developing Leadership Capacity
- Promote CPD amongst the staff if you were DP?
- Describe please how you might have in the past mentored teachers regarding new approaches methodologies, programmes, systems and procedures?
- Successful in getting other people to work collaboratively as part of a team
- Pupils voice, participation, and leadership in the school how?
- What’s your leadership style?
We have a dedicated website for teachers – HERE
Featured image courtesy of Pixabay.