In this video series, Career Coach Liam Horan breaks down the process of CV writing into 11 easily-achievable steps.
A good CV is much more than a toneless, mechanical list of your experiences and achievements. There is an art to it. You need to get in the right mindset and commit to selling yourself. The CV is a sales tool and needs to be treated as such.
Some of the topics covered in the videos include:
- How to think about your CV as a sales tool
- Appealing to the needs of the employer
- Getting the reader’s head nodding early
- Highlighting key competencies and skills
- Approaches to the Personal Profile
- Using the Hobbies section to sell yourself
- Making impactful changes to your CV
If you follow these 11 steps, you will be well on your way to creating a stand-out CV. Furthermore, you will be developing a frame of mind and set of communication skills that you can bring to any employment opportunity that comes your way.